Monday, January 4, 2016

a little explanation needed

It was rather late when I wrote last night and a wee bit tired, so shall try a little earlier this evening.

I would like to expand on the title of my blog.  When I was investigating the Church and having the missionaries over, they mentioned a fireside at the stake center. 'What's this about steak and a fireside, how cozy and food too'!  What a surprise to find out that the stake not steak center was actually a chapel where the different wards would meet at different times.  And then expecting to find a fireplace there, well there wasn't one!  Well that was my first exposure to a new set of Mormon vocabulary!

I grew up in an occasional church attending family, you know Easter and Christmas and a few other times. We attended a beautiful Episcopalian Cathedral, St. John's in Spokane. Wonderful stained glass rose windows, lots of candles, very formal and the Christmas Eve midnight service were so special to me as a little girl.  I was baptized there when I was around 6 or 7.

We then moved to Skagit Valley and as a teen took confirmation classes at the Episcopal Church here.
Always being a rather curious sort, I kept asking unanswerable questions!  I had always had a strong belief in Jesus Christ but couldn't get the definitions for God, they didn't make sense. Around 19 I even was going to be enter a cloistered convent, with the vow of silence, and become an Episcopal nun!  My heart was searching for a true connection to God and thought that that might give me that relationship I so strongly needed. Now I may be a gabby person so that would have been a real struggle, so tomorrow I will continue my journey with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment